Womens Health Physical Therapy:
Women’s bodies go through many changes in life from menarche, unique stresses of pregnancy, post-partum to menopause. We provide skilled care for women’s health problems that are unique to womens anatomy. We are specifically referred as “Pelvic Floor Physical Therapists”.
Our areas of expertise include:
- Pregnancy related back pain and post-partum rehabilitation
- Urinary dysfunction including stress and urge urinary incontinence.
- Bowel disorders including constipation and fecal incontinence.
- Pelvic pain of multiple diagnoses
- Osteoporosis management
- Sexual dysfunction including painful intercourse
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Breast cancer rehabilitation of pain and lymphedema
Our Women’s Health program consists of comprehensive treatment plan for these conditions and may include:
- Examination of the muscles, joints, nerves and movement analysis of the involved area including spine, hip and pelvis.
- Internal and external manual therapy to reduce pain and incontinence.
- Use of modalities to include but not limited to biofeedback, electrical stimulation, ultrasound, hot and cold packs.
- Individual exercise program uniquely designed to meet patients’ goals
- Overall pain management and education on long term self-management of the problem.
Orthopedic Physical Therapy:
Orthopedic Physical Therapy involves assessment and treatment of the musculoskeletal system along with the nervous system. We believe that accurately correcting alignment leads to correct movement and thus resolves pain and movement limitations. We take pride in our unique biomechanical evaluation, manual therapy and therapeutic exercise skills to help patients achieve their goals in time.
- Pre and post orthopedic surgical rehabilitation
- Spine rehabilitation for neck and low back pain
- Biomechanical assessment and Manual therapy
- Posture evaluation
- Shoulder pain, Ankle sprain, Plantar Fasciitis, Tennis elbow, Osteoarthritis of hip and knee, ligament injuries, other joint pain, muscle strain.
Geriatric Physical Therapy:
Geriatric Physical therapy at our clinic is mostly focused on fall prevention, improving gait, balance and overall functional independence of seniors living at home.
We focus on:
- Restoring range of motion
- Improving function and strength
- Gait Training
- Postural realignment
- Improve safety of transfers and mobility
- Balance retraining and decrease risk of fall
- Core stabilization
- Improve motor planning and motor control
- Equipment evaluation/recommendation to include cane, walkers and crutches
- Parkinson’s disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Other neurological disorders affecting gait and balance